Clips from my Public Access comedy show BEFORE I showed up at City Hall for the first time because they unconstitutionally robbed me of my income, like they rob everyone else; AND to keep things "substanative" (for all the crybabies who would complain I'm wasting space on Mayor Sam) -- a "weekend update" of the stories featured this week on Mayor Sam, for the more causual weekend readers.
* Speaking of Public Access, why is Knucklehead KNunez trying to pull the plug on Public Access channels in '08 when it's part of the franchise agreement with the cable companies. Scarry, because when Nunez and pals want something (like to squash the voice of the people, who want to warn the People of their corruption) he gets it. NUNEZ, allow myself to introduce myself: Zuma Dogg. And you're on my radar, fool, so aks your boss The Mayor about me -- cause YOU gotta go!
* FR: LA Times - Costs of New LAPD Headquarters Grow Again
(See Mayor Sam's Friday thread on this, too.)
"Two Los Angeles city managers have recommended the City Council again increase the budget for the new police headquarters complex -- BUT ALSO SCALE BACK THE PROJECT.
[GREAT...Spend $100-$200 million more (depending a which point you start counting), but get less: Now that IS L.A.politics.]
Meanwhile, the price tag of the overall project continues to grow because of higher than expected design, land acquisition, materials and debt costs, city officials said. The latest budget increase is not likely to be the last one, the two administrators warned. [BAIT & SWITCH, Y'ALL!]
EXCUSE ME, if LAURA CHICK is reading...Can you please run an audit of this project, because I also heard the City has had problems with this contractor in the past.
* Does anyone know how much the City (and The People) is going to have to spend to defend City Council's fight to keep their own "Term Extentions"/"Lifetime Health Care Benefits" package on the November ballot? (If the court rules that the votes won't be counted, or voters say no -- which at this point seems likely -- Garcetti will be termed-out, and Zuma Dogg can run for the much more ZD friendly district with no incumbant/all that money.)
* Is this "El Grito" Festival that I saw on the agenda Friday that got a "special event fee waiver" the next Labor Day Fundraising Fiasco like the one in El Sereno?
* Is the Mayor dividing the City with his outrageous rantings on how people are dividing the City? (See "Mayor Lashes Out..." story from Friday on Mayor Sam.)
* Watch out for Mayor V./Nunez's "House Parties". They sound like fun, unless you care about elections. Even National Politicians like The President are forced to "bow down" to The Mayor V/Nunez Election Posse, because first they stole the elections, got themselves in office, and now repeat the process for their pals. And since LA is such a safehaven for non-documented residents from around the world, thanks to The Mayor spending his career fighting for the rights of criminals, they thank him at the polls (even if they aren't allowed to even REGISTER to vote). So now this "House Party/Election Day Poll Caravan" carries enough political leverage thoughout Sacramento and Washington, that Govenors and Presidents are taking note and making promises for the future. Hey whatever works!
* Why waste money having the Planning Department put in place all these tenant rights, for these condo conversions and other development projects, when the developers sidestep the rules, ignore the conditions completley (don't pay the tenants nada) then their Councilmember doesn't lift a finger to stick up for the tenants getting screwed.
READ THE FULL STORIES BELOW.
www.ZumaDogg.com for ALL videos, myspace page, phone and email contact. (Call with stuff on Nunez...I hate that shady fool.