Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Morning Briefs on the Los Angeles Political Machine for Hump Day

Capping a half century of Public Service, former LAPD Chief and out-going CD 8 City Councilman Bernard Parks is exiting the City Clowncil Big Top with character and integrity intact (along with some choice commentary).
Bernie, like Gloria, tells it like it is.
Who needs to be Politically Correct when the truth is on your side?
As CD 8 City Councilman Bernard Park enters the latter part of his last full week on the now City Clowncil Central Committee, the half century Public Servant is providing a teachable moment for future, aspiring politicos how to exit public office (with character and integrity intact).
While his fellow termed-out colleague CD 4 City Clowncil Historian Tom LaBonge was the recipient of a back-slapping send off yesterday under the John Ferraro Clowncil Chamber Big Top, Parks has been giving interviews with the likes of Downtown News Editor/Scribe of Wit Jon Regardie and LA Weekly's Hillel Aron, which are full of priceless Parks anecdotes.
The supposed "solitary voice of the local political wilderness", is charging into the public service sunset with a "Documentary of Self", is set to premier next Tuesday but in the interim, we proudly cut and paste, the best of Parks, in the spirit of reminding those, that integrity and character, are true political virtues.
........, and BTW, don't hold your breath in waiting for photos of a Parks City Clowncil Send Off.
** On the current "State of CD 8":
“We’ve not done poorly in the sense of the things we’ve worked on in our district,” he said. “My district is the only one building sidewalks — not because Herb Wesson blessed that, but because we found a way to do that. My district led the city five out of six years in creating jobs. Not because of Herb Wesson, but because we figured out how to do it. These are things we find out, that your success is more dependent on what you do, as opposed to all these little games people play at council, where they believe their life is dependent on what committee they have, where they must bow and genuflect.”
** The early years of CD 4 City Clowncilman Tom LaBong:
"I remember my first couple years. Poor Tom Labonge, I sat next to him for a while. He made me so nervous I couldn’t sit there. He looked at me one day and says, 'I ... I ... I don’t know if you know this, but I don’t pay a lot of attention to these policy issues.' I said, 'No shit! I didn’t know that, Tom.'
"Then something would be coming up, he’d run up and [say], 'Eric [Garcetti], how should I vote?'
"That’s the stuff that goes on.'"
** Comment regarding a certain "Part-time Clowncilman, turn Strongman":
"[Herb Wesson] asked me to vote for him and I said I wouldn’t. And he says, 'Well. I want you to know, a lot of people want to be on the budget committee.' I said, 'Give it to them! I am not gonna vote for you for a committee assignment.' Because I didn’t think he would be the best person for the job." 
....., refreshing is truthful candor.
Your thoughts ..............
Scott Johnson in CD 14.

   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement